rooting oneplus 6 and installing twrp recovery on it is quite easy to do, and in todays article I’ll be writing out some of the easiest guides on how to do so, if you just bought the new oneplus 6, and you feel you want to get it rooted, then follow this article.
Oneplus 6 is the latest smartphone in town and it possesses some of the best specifications you’ll want from a good device, and what can make you want to quickly root a new device that?? It’s a funny question and also can be answered, rooting a new android device is really cool as you can enjoy more benefits from it than ever before, if you root your oneplus 6 and you install twrp recovery on it, you’ll enjoy some benefits like having more battery life, better performance for gaming and normal performance when multitasking, and also you can remove bloatwares easily.
To root and install twrp on your oneplus 6 device, all you need to do is follow the guides written below, it is straight forward so you don’t have to worry about getting lost along the way.
How To Root OnePlus 6 And Install TWRP Recovery
To-do List Before Rooting And Installing TWRP On OnePlus 6
Before beginning this process, here some some things you’ll need to get done first, so check them below.
- Unlock The Bootloader of your oneplus 6
- make sure you have at least 80% battery power
- Make sure you’ve had complete back up of your device.
- Download the twrp zip file and extract it on your pc, you can download using the download button shownHere
- Download and install adb drivers on your pc, you can clicK here to downlaod directly.
- Download and unzip magisk on your oneplus 6 device, click here to download magisk apk file.
- Make sure you enable oem unlock and usb debugging on your oneplus 6 device, go to settings, then click on developer options, now tick on the option that says enable oem and usb debugging.
How to Unlock Bootloader in OnePlus 6
to unlock Bootloader on your oneplus 6 device, kindly follow the steps below to get it done.
- Switch off your device then boot it into fastboot mode by pressing and holding the power + volume up button, hold till the fastboot mode appears.
- Now connect your oneplus 6 device to your pc then open the folder where you saved the adb driver to, do a right click on it then select to run as Open Command Window.
- Once the command window shows up, you need to type in this command code ” fastboot devices ” Then press enter, if your device is recognized by fastboot drivers, you’ll see a screen that’ll display your device seriel number.
- After that, now you’ll need to type in another command, type ” fastboot oem unlock ” now press enter, once you do that, you’ll see a warning message on your android device that’s indicating you’re about to unlock bootloader, select yes and and let the unlocking process take place.
- Now type the command ” fastboot ” and press enter, your oneplus 6 will reboot, once it has rebooted, you’ve successfully unlocked bootloader on your oneplus 6 device.
How To Root OnePlus And Install TWRP Recovery
- From the unzipped TWRP recovery folder on your desktop, you’ll need to copy the files “boot.img”, “root.zip”, and “TWRP-BLUE-FIX.zip” and paste them inside the internal memory of your OnePlus 6 device
- Now you’ll need to switch off your OnePlus 6, once you’ve switched it off, now boot the device into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Up buttons until you see the boot logo.
- After entering the Fastboot Mode, connect your OnePlus 6 to the PC.
- Now, open the unzipped ADB folder and on an empty space inside the folder, click on the right mouse button.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the “Open Command Window Here” option.
- A command prompt window will come up, Inside the command prompt window, type the command “fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img” then press the press enter button, but you’ll need to repeat the above command again, making it two commands running at a time.
- After running the two commands, TWRP recovery will be installed on your device, now power off your device again. This time, press and hold the power + volume down buttons to enter the TWRP recovery mode, you may have to enter your screen unlock code or even your lock pattern to use the TWRP recovery mode.
- If the language turns out to be chinese, here’s what you need to do. Click on the “Settings” option, then click on the “Globe” icon. Now choose the English language.
- From the TWRP recovery main menu, click on Install, click on the Install Image from below option.
- You’ll need to locate the boot.img file that was copied to your device in Step 1.
- Repeat Step 13 to Step 15 and flash the remaining two files that you copied to your device in Step 1
- Now repeat the Step 13 to Step 15 and this time, select the Magisk file from the unzipped Magisk file that you copied to your OnePlus 6 earlier. After flashing all the above files, reboot your OnePlus 6.
Thats it, you’re done flashing and installing twrp on your oneplus 6 device, if it doesn’t work for you, then it means you’ve missed a step, you might have to redo it all over again, hope the article is helpful, if you have any issue’s kindly get to us via the comment section.