Perhaps you are excited about the latest android 8.0 version being available on your note 4, then after upgrading, you come to realise using the previous 7.0 nougat is far better than the latest 8.0.
The latest upgrade for infinix note 4 has got everyone worried as people keep complaining about different bugs occurring in this new os version, there have been claims that charging takes longer than before and battery drainage goes faster like the speed of light, so if you feel you don’t need this 8.0 update or feel you can’t wait for it to be fixed, well there’s a way in which you can downgrade the current version back to the previous one which is the 7.0 nougat.
How To Downgrade Infinix Note 4 To Android 7.0 Nougat
Before getting started, make sure you have all your vital infos backed up to a safe place and also keep note that the infinix stock rom you want to download must be based on your device built-in number, this will avoid you getting your device bricked.
Requirements Needed To Downgrade Infinix Note 4
There are two different types of stock roms shown below, so you choose one according to your built number, you can download them directly via the provided download buttons.
- (Africa) X572-H5312AD-N-170719V111 – Download
- X572 Note 4 (X572-H5312A-N-170618V90) – Download
- Make sure you have a pc and a good usb cable
- The stock rom which you downloaded should be based on your device built-in number, so confirm that before extracting the zip file to your pc.
- Before getting started, you’ll need to download the latest sp flash tool, the ultimate stock rom loader, you can download it here Download Sp Tools
- You’ll also need to download vcom drivers, you can download directly from here, Download Vcom
How To Setup Vcom Drivers
Setting up the vcom driver is quite easy, all you need to do is extract the file, once done, go to device manager then click on action, click on add legacy hardware, once done you’ll see another display showing you welcome to add new hardware, under it click next , select advanced option then click next, click on show all devices, then click next, click on disc then browse through your vcom extracted folder and select the driver setup and click open then press okay, now select mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
How To Downgrade Infinix Note 4 With Sp Flash Tools
- Step 1. Launch the sp flash tools by locating and clicking on the flashtool.exe, once you’ve done that, run the flashtool.exe as admin.
- Step 2. Click on scatter loading, then navigate to the extracted infinix note 4 rom folder, then select MT6753_Android_Scatter.Txt
- Step 3. Looking at the scatter loading panel, at the left hand side, you’ll see an option to download now, click on it then change to firmware update.
- Step 4. Switch off your phone then connect it to the pc via the usb cord with you.
A bar that shows the flashing process should display immediately, the whole process should take about 5-10 mins once completed, you’ll see something similar to the image shown below.
After doing that, you can confirm your device has been downgraded successful, you can upgrade back if you’re aware about the bugs on 8.0 update on infinix note for has been fixed, all you need to do is download the rom for 8.0 and use the above steps to upgrade it. Don’t forget to share with friends and also leave us a comment.